Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Endless Night; please be sure to read the rules and don't be afraid to ask our Admins and Mods any questions. We don't bite.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Nikolai Pavlov's Items
Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:47 am by Nikolai Pavlov

» Nikolai Pavlov [Done]
Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 pm by Nikolai Pavlov

» The Grey [Werewolf group]
Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 am by Ebony Shadow

» The Defenders of Gaia
Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:48 am by Ebony Shadow

» Werewolf 101
Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:27 am by Ebony Shadow

» Christian Marino the Slasher (WIP)
Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 am by Zaboo

» Johnathon's Purchases
Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:55 am by Stark Vector

» Johnathan O'brian
Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:32 am by Stark Vector

» Elena Marie weapons
Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:30 am by Stark Vector

Top posters
Jack Maroon
Crimson Court Lore I_vote_lcapCrimson Court Lore I_voting_barCrimson Court Lore I_vote_rcap 
Stark Vector
Crimson Court Lore I_vote_lcapCrimson Court Lore I_voting_barCrimson Court Lore I_vote_rcap 
Ebony Shadow
Elena Marie
Nikolai Pavlov
Zaboo
Arianna Halestrom
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 20 on Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:27 pm

Crimson Court Lore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack Maroon
Admin
Jack Maroon

Crimson Court Lore Empty
PostSubject: Crimson Court Lore   Crimson Court Lore Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 am

The Crimson Court

General Information:
The Crimson Court is a global organization of vampires that dedicates itself to keeping the human world ignorant of vampirism and other supernatural forces, in order to protect its members. They consider all vampires to be part of the organization and as such attempt to enforce their laws and customs upon all Kindred, whether they like it or not.

Goals:
As stated earlier, the primary goal of the organization is to keep the vampire world hidden from humans. If mankind as whole were ever to find out about the existence of vampires, this would undoubtedly bring about the end of the species. Despite their greater strength, the Kindred have many weaknesses, and are heavily outnumbered by humanity. The Crimson Court, and most Kindred in general have decided that it is best to avoid such complications, and leave the humans unaware.

Methods:
The Crimson Court has infiltrated human society in such an extent that it holds power over numerous politicians and figures of authority, having strings attached wherever there is power to be found. Comparing the Court with the fabled Illuminati would not be an exaggeration.
The Court uses this influence to cover up the disappearance of newly turned vampires from the human world by faking their deaths and erasing traces, covering up vampire activity and eliminating humans who know too much. The network of lies, control and manipulation required to keep humans unaware of vampire existence is referred to as ‘The Masquerade’. Breaking it can be punishable with final death.

Hierarchy:
The Crimson Court is ruled by the Elder Council, a group of several elder vampires, aged between 300 and 800 years old mostly. These Elders decide the rules and laws of the organization and the direction it should take. Each Elder is in charge of a different area, such as a state or a country.
Rumors are that even these powerful are in actuality but puppets in a far greater scheme, controlled by the truly ancient vampires.
Below the Elder Council are the Princes, who are each put in charge of a specific city of their own. Whereas the Council remains mostly in the shadows, the Princes instead rule over their cities in a rather direct fashion. Each Prince is expected to set up a court, both physically and in concept. The Prince governs the city from a structure that is to be used as a stronghold, in which several prominent members of the organization are housed, similar to the concept of the French palace of Versailles.
Unless directly given orders by the Council, the Princes are largely left to their own devices, so long as they enforce the rules of the Masquerade and Crimson Law in general.
The chain of command beneath Princes varies from court to court, but usually resembles that of either ancient nobility or modern business companies.

History:
The Crimson Court finds its origin in late medieval Europe, at the dawn of the renaissance. As cities were growing, and the infrastructure began to improve, many vampires decided it would be in their best interests to try and blend in with society. During the dark ages, vampire hunters had become more bold and efficient in their methods, managing to track down vampires to their castles and lairs with ease. Hiding in plain sight was the best option, they considered, as it served dual purposes. It kept them hidden amongst high society, and with the large number of humans also kept them well-supplied with blood.
The Crimson Court was formed in order to regulate their behavior in these cities, and ensure their common interests and continuous existence to be protected. Some of the current members of the Elder Council are said to have been amongst those who actually created the organization, though these claims cannot be easily validated.
Religion: The Crimson Court has no official religion, and is free to members of all faiths. Most of the elder vampires, the ones in charge, are Cainites. Cainites believe that the biblical Cain was the first vampire, and that vampirism was the curse God inflicted upon him as punishment for murdering his brother. Younger members however often do not believe this tale, and are under no obligation to do so.
Spread: The Crimson Court is spread all over the world, though its influence is strongest in western civilization. Even in the western world however there are still areas that are not governed by the Court; these are most often held by the ‘Anarchs’ who the Court has always been on odds with.

Crimson Law Basics:
-Feed carefully; take care that you are not spotted and that your victim can either not remember the encounter or is disposed of properly after the deed.
-Do not breach the Masquerade in any way. Failure to comply with this can be punishable with Final Death or otherwise severe punishment.
-For siring new vampires one must have permission from their Prince.
-Do not drain another kindred of life. The punishment is death.
-Do not kill other kindred.

Pros:
Being part of the largest existing organization of vampires definitely has its merits. Members that acknowledge the Court’s sovereignty over them are usually treated fairly, and given job opportunities. Being sired into the Crimson Court practically ensures lodging and tuition from the Sire, so that the initiate will easily and quickly adapt into vampire society and their new existence.

Cons:
Anarchs compare the Crimson Court to a giant pyramid scheme. Once you’re in, you don’t get out. And no matter how much you gain in rank, there’s always going to be someone to outrank you, and there will always be those trying to steal your position. The court politics are often just as deadly as the dangers the court claims to protect you from.

Associated Feats: Vampires embraced into the Crimson Court can take the ‘Entrancing Bite’ feat for free. This trait is prevalent in the blood of most vampires born into the court, but it is not mandatory to take the feat.
Back to top Go down
https://envampirerpg.rpg-board.net

Crimson Court Lore
Page 1 of 1