Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Endless Night; please be sure to read the rules and don't be afraid to ask our Admins and Mods any questions. We don't bite.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Nikolai Pavlov's Items
Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:47 am by Nikolai Pavlov

» Nikolai Pavlov [Done]
Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 pm by Nikolai Pavlov

» The Grey [Werewolf group]
Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 am by Ebony Shadow

» The Defenders of Gaia
Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:48 am by Ebony Shadow

» Werewolf 101
Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:27 am by Ebony Shadow

» Christian Marino the Slasher (WIP)
Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 am by Zaboo

» Johnathon's Purchases
Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:55 am by Stark Vector

» Johnathan O'brian
Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:32 am by Stark Vector

» Elena Marie weapons
Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:30 am by Stark Vector

Top posters
Jack Maroon
Johnathan O'brian I_vote_lcapJohnathan O'brian I_voting_barJohnathan O'brian I_vote_rcap 
Stark Vector
Johnathan O'brian I_vote_lcapJohnathan O'brian I_voting_barJohnathan O'brian I_vote_rcap 
Ebony Shadow
Elena Marie
Nikolai Pavlov
Zaboo
Arianna Halestrom
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 8 on Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:39 am

Johnathan O'brian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stark Vector

Stark Vector

Johnathan O'brian Empty
PostSubject: Johnathan O'brian   Johnathan O'brian Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:32 am

Name: Johnathan O'Brian
Age at Embrace/Physical Age: 34
Vampire Age: 87
Group/Society: Bloodhounds / Crimson Court
Date of Embrace: 1925
Date of Birth: 1891
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 188 lbs
Eyes: gray
Hair: reddish brown

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: John is quiet and unassuming at first glance, but this is an illusion, quickly dispelled. He rarely yells, his voice coming out in more of a low growl than anything else. He is often called dispassionate by his men and those in the court who even acknowledge his existence, this however, doesn't mean he doesn't feel. Though John is a harsh man, he is not without compassion. He cares deeply for his men and despite his borderline abusive treatment of them, he is an ardent follower of the creed "No man left behind." In addition, ever since Prince Terrance's rise to power, Johnathon has tried to instill a sense of fellowship and an "Us against the world" mentality in the other Bloodhounds.

While the Bloodhounds have gained much broader discretionary powers in the years following Terrance's rise to power, John has kept his requests down to the necessities, despite making it appear as if he is requesting much more. In a manner of speaking, John's negotiating skills can summed up as "Ask for 20 tonnes of ammo so you can give up 17 in the negotiations". John has frequently been described as a shrewd man who places pragmatism over honor and efficiency over comfort.

He has also been touted for his ability to end arguments and debates with a single word, this is a throwback to his time in the Bloodhounds back when they were just a group of thugs rather than an elite assassination and enforcement group and he had to break up disputes and altercations between members. Johnathon is distrustful of the Crimson Court as a whole due to his time in the Bloodhounds prior to their promotion, though his attitude has softened slightly since Terrance became prince of Chicago.

History: Lieutenant Johnathon Maxwell O'Brian was born just before the start of the 19th century in Virginia. At the age of 19 he enlisted in the Unites States army where he served up until World War I where he was nearly killed by enemy mortar fire. The enemy mortars nearly blew out his ear drums, causing him headaches that have plagued him well into his second life. Johnathon spent the next several years drifting around the U.S.A. until one night. He was drunk in a bar and decided to go out looking for working girls to enjoy his evening with. He found a working girl, little did he know that she was working for someone who was very interested in him.

That night, Johnathon O'Brian the man, died. On that night, Johnathon O'Brian the monster, was born. He was instated in the then prince of Chicago's court as an adviser on wartime effects on the Court's fiscal and social standing.

When World War II broke out, all hell broke loose in Chicago as the Court struggled meet the staggering production costs while at the same time paying off politicians and other powerful men to prevent any of their vampires from going to war, lest the masquerade be broken by a drafted vampire bursting into flame in boot camp. While at first things seemed manageable if not under control, the situation quickly spiraled once it came John's turn to be drafted. Despite his turned nature, he was still a patriot and attempted to go to congress and reveal his vampiric nature in desperate attempt to help the U.S. win the war.

Unfortunately his efforts were all for naught as he was quickly picked up by the Court's thralls just outside the capital building. While the Prince wanted to execute him, John knew of an ancient technicality that would allow him to live. The Bloodhounds. A group of criminals who's execution sentences were stayed in exchange for the rest of their second life in service to the Prince of Chicago, while it was made out to be an elite force, in actuality the Bloodhounds amounted to little more than common thugs getting sent on suicide missions. John himself was near constantly sent on missions that by all rights should have killed him several times over. He kept receiving mission after mission that was supposed to kill him... and yet he kept coming back. In time, John became something of a living legend/betting pool subject among the Hounds. His word became the equivalent of law in disputes and his disapproval a death sentence in and of itself.

Over the years, John began to cultivate a sort of pack mentality among the members of the Hounds. Those without military training -which was most of them- slowly became killing machines, and those with prior training became something on par with squad leaders. When Johnathon joined the Bloodhounds, there were 183 members. By the time he had taken complete "control" of the group, there were 28. He had weeded out the weakest of the bunch and sent the unruly ones on the worst missions. It quickly became clear that only the best of the best would survive in Johnathon's new and improved pack. John did this for almost 70 years before Terrance became Prince of Chicago. Upon his ascension to the throne, the Bloodhounds, -while still little more than a pack of highly trained killers- began to get fielded on more and more clandestine activities, from assassinating dangerous Anarchs to intimidating Terrance's political enemies, the Bloodhounds -once little more than rabble sent on suicide missions- had become Terrance's personal hit squad.

Though they still conducted their normal duties, being a Bloodhound was no longer a source of shame, rather, it was a mark of authority both within the court and yet separate from it, as no one but Terrance himself could give them orders any longer.

Stats:

Main Stats
Strength - 4
Dexterity - 4
Intelligence - 2
Perception - 3
Regeneration - 3
Durability 1
Senses 2

Skills
Melee Weapons - 4
Firearms - 4
Brawl - 4
Stealth - 5

Feats:
Spoiler:
Veteran [+5 WP] (2 points)
Entrancing bite
Bloodhound Commando [+5 WP]

Flaws: Leashed: you're a bloodhound now son, your only way out is death or feet first.
Spoiler:
Hemorrhage: If he loses more than 1 liter of blood, Johnathon will be subject to intense pain (3 points)
Back to top Go down

Johnathan O'brian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Applications & Information :: Character Application-
Jump to: